Pages

Lazy Day

Jane Reporting for 13th October

We've had a bit of a day off today (13th October) only heading out to the local shopping centre for lunch and a bit of shoe shopping.  (Three out of four members of the party bought shoes.)

Before we went, though, I toddled through the car parks to K-Mart (my Christmas shopping Mecca - if that's not some sort of religiously muddled concept) to buy a plastic bin to protect my growing collection of Christmas ornaments.  While I was there I took a couple of photos of the Christmas display.  I'm quite taken with the mauve theme - even bought a decoration to start me off in case I get bored with my lime theme:


The mauve tree

And this primary colours theme on the white tree is very effective:


Kids' colours

There was nothing I particularly wanted from the 'bow aisle' but it certainly looked impressive:


Christmas bows

At about 11am we set out for a local shopping centre, located next to a small fun park, complete with roller coasters.  We were rather surprised at the emptiness of the car park before we realised that the shopping centre only opened at 11am.  Not sure why they open so late - perhaps a Sunday thing?  (Every day is a shopping day at home.)

Gary and I both bought shoes (Crocs jandals for me and running shoes for him) and then we went off to have lunch at the food court.  Chinese meal, followed by gelato from this selection:


Gelato

As we strolled around I found a hair salon and popped in there.  My hair, being a bit longer and bulkier than usual, felt perfectly fine at Flagstaff (in the Big Frost) but in the Phoenix heat has been driving me crazy.  No problem, Anthony was on hand to save the day:

Hair stylist, Anthony

It was 84 degrees F (29 degrees C) here this afternoon and Gary found a shady spot down by the pool where he could catch the best of the very small breeze.  It must have been the perfect spot because I think he had a bit of a snooze ...


Sleeping by the pool (to the tune of Twisting by the Pool?)

And in case one snooze wasn't enough he was still there when I went out a little later and took more evidentiary photos:


And snoozing some more

He's off with Geoff and Lyn now (7.30pm), touring K-Mart again for some after dinner entertainment.  It's till 75 degrees F (24 degrees C) here, and pitch black already.


State Quarters
A rather worn Tennessee quarter, this time, celebrating musical heritage:

State Quarters: Tennessee

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that some of the fuzziness in the photos of the quarters has been my fault (and not wear on the coins) because I have only just discovered the macro setting on my clever little camera.  It handles close-ups quite well so I've never needed to hunt it out before but the coin photos do seem to do better with that setting on ... if only I could remember to turn it off before we go touring the next morning! ;o)

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment