Pages

Jane's Gall Bladder IS Going to Scotland!

Thursday, 30 June 2016

Very quick blog update from a hospital escapee. The staff at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (part of the University Hospitals of Morcambe  Bay - both wonderful titles when compared to the likes of 'Palmerston North Hospital') were brilliant but I was very pleased to be discharged this evening with a boot-load of antibiotics and pain killers  to take with us as we continue on our trip.

Happy smile as I wait to leave
For a while there I thought I'd be saying good-bye to my gall bladder in Lancaster but the surgeons were happy that it would settle and that I can take it home to go on a waiting list there for its removal.

Not only was I sent away with antibiotics but I'd been having them intravenously during the day and at times my drip stand fairly bristled with things queued up to drip into my veins:

IVs all loaded up
The surgical assessment ward was a very busy place and the excellent nurses were run off their feet which gave me plenty to observe while I was tied to my drip stand.

All day I was on 'clear fluids' in preparation for my scan and I don't think I'll be drinking black tea or black coffee again for some time.

Strong black tea in an NHS mug

Long drive ahead tomorrow as my stay in hospital has cut out our midway stop and we're driving direct to the lighthouse - about a 7+ hour drive away from here.  And there's no internet there, so there'll be another break in the blog updates!


Reading: The Bloody Tower by Carola Dunn


Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment